Sept 30, 2010 Environments for Humans put together an online Accessibility Summit that is informative, engaging and tremendously valuable. It doesn’t matter if you are new to accessibility, a seasoned veteran or somewhere in between, the Summit will have great information that will enrich and improve your practice. You can attend from your desk, your home or anywhere thanks to the online platform. Benefit from the experiences of leaders who design and deploy accessible technology every day. All of us at Knowbility are looking forward to the Summit.
If you get started and want to continue on the path to accessibility, please check out Knowbility’s AccessU. For over 7 years, we have offered accessibility classes at St Edward’s University each May in Austin Texas. In January of 2011 AccessU will be held in California, and we could not be more excited!
AccessU West, Knowbility’s West Coast web accessibility institute is scheduled for January 10-12, 2011. Held at San Jose State University, AccessU West offers classes on how to make electronic information technology accessible to everyone – including people with disabilities.
- Does your organization believe the web should empower ALL people?
- Do you want to learn how accessibility ties into your usability goals?
- Are you a developer or designer who wants to understand emerging best design practices for the web?
- Do you want to build innovative AND accessible websites using cutting-edge CSS techniques?
- Is your company ready to comply with the pending expansion of the Americans with Disabilities Act that will ensure people with disabilities have full access to the Internet and television?
Engage with world renowned accessibility experts to improve your design skills and to understand the both the need and the techniques for inclusive IT design. From the basics to the bleeding edge, AccessU will provide the resources you need.
More at AccessU West on the Knowbility web site