What is #UpgradeYourWorldUSA?
Microsoft is supporting nonprofits who are improving their world. Ten organizations will receive cash investments ($50,000) and technology. And they are asking YOU to vote for your favorite local nonprofit by posting and tweeting.
We need YOUR help to win! Here’s why and how to help Knowbility.
Why should I vote for Knowbility?
Knowbility’s community programs make the web more accessible and help to ensure that technology empowers people with disabilities.
If you believe as we do that technology access for all upgrades our world, you can make an enormous contribution just by voting! Your vote each day until Sept 23, 2015 will support our community programs:
- AccessWorks document remediation program provides technology training and direct employment opportunity for people with disabilities – including veterans with newly acquired disability.
- The AccessWorks Usability portal provides short term revenue opportunities for people with disabilities to earn from home using their own technology.
- ATSTAR helps children with disabilities succeed in school by providing assistive technology training to teachers.
- MAPgoals supports teens with disabilities to become self-advocates as they transition to college and career
- OpenAIR raises awareness of access to technology for all, by mentoring and training today’s web professionals in accessible design skills and techniques. This is also a means to create low-cost, high quality, professionally designed websites for other nonprofits.
I’m in! When do I vote?
Now! …and every day until September 23rd. The Upgrade Your World National Initiative by Microsoft starts at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (PT) on September 1, 2015, and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on September 23, 2015 (“Voting Period”).
How do I vote?
There are three (3) ways to Vote during the Voting Period:
- Log in to your Twitter account and Tweet or re-Tweet, a public message with the hashtag #UpgradeYourWorldUSA and the hashtag #vote and our Twitter handle @knowbility.
Here is an example of a simple Tweet: I #vote for @knowbility to #UpgradeYourWorldUSA.
- You could also Tweet a short-story or the reason why you choose to vote for us.
For example: I #vote for @knowbility to empower people with disabilities by making the web a more accessible place for everyone #UpgradeYourWorldUSA
- Log in to your Facebook account, visit www.facebook.com/windows and find the post seeking public vote. Post a comment in response to this post which includes #UpgradeYourWorldUSA hashtag and the hashtag #vote and tag us: @knowbility.
- Visit http://wndw.ms/IjpTao and follow voting instructions to fill in our name to share on Facebook or Twitter.
You may also include text, photographs, video, voice, or like media that describes how Knowbility helps the community and upgrades the world.
How many times can I vote?
Each eligible submission – post or Tweet tagged with @knowbility and hashtags #UpgradeYourWorldUSA and #vote, will count as one vote. Limit one per person per account per day. Excess, incomplete or illegible submissions will be disqualified by Microsoft.
Everyone must have equal access to technology and internet, and if you understand the challenges of everyday (technology controlled) life that people with disabilities face, then you know that Knowbility is truly upgrading the world, so – please vote for us!
For more information, visit the Microsoft link: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/upgradeyourworld/
To vote on the Microsoft website visit this link: http://wndw.ms/IjpTao
Microsoft #UpgradeYourWorld contest official rules: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/upgradeyourworld/TermsandConditions